Worcestershire Regulatory Services (WRS) administers the licensing function on behalf of all six licensing authorities in Worcestershire. This includes the administration, regulation and enforcement of licensing law.
All matters outside of the powers delegated to WRS are referred back to the Local Authority for decisions or actions by their elected members i.e. Licensing Committees.
WRS has a number of licensing regulatory and registration powers and duties. The Licensing section deals with the following licences and registrations:
- Licensing Act 2003 - alcohol sales, late night refreshment and other forms of regulated entertainment
- Temporary Event Notices - authorisation of Licensing Act activities on a temporary basis
- Gambling Act 2005 - betting shops, arcades, bingo halls etc.
- Lotteries - local lotteries benefiting good causes
- Scrap Metal Dealers Licences - both site licences and mobile collectors
- Animal Activity Licences - dog breeding, dog and cat boarding, horse riding establishments, zoos etc.
- Sex Shops
- Street Collections - charity collections
- House to House Collections - door-to-door collections
- Tattoo, Ear Piercing, Electrolysis Registrations
- Taxi Licensing
- Street Trading - both mobile (ice cream van type) and static (roadside cafes)
- Caravan Sites (for Worcester City and Wychavon District only)
More information on licensing and fees applicable can be found on individual licensing authority websites: