Environmental Information 

The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) provide members of the public with the right to access environmental information held by local authorities and other bodies.

This information is used in many ways such as the purchase of houses (conveyance of), Property Development (Identifying land contamination and previous uses) and personal interest.

Anyone can access this information through WRS, please follow the links below in order to make a request. 

What information do I need?

Please choose from one of the following options : -

  1. If you are buying or selling houses then click here
  2. If you require EIR for professional risk assessment then click here (for a detailed breakdown of the information provided please click here)

If your enquiry falls outside of these categories please contact us on 01905 822799. (Please see our About Us pages for links to our Data Protection & Privacy Policy, Transparency and Published Information, and other WRS policies.)


How long will it take to receive my information?

WRS are required to respond to all requests within the statutory 20 working days however most requests are usually processed quicker dependant on demand. However we are currently reviewing our processes for expedited requests.


Other information that WRS may hold

Private Water Supplies


Permitted Industrial Activities

Nuisance Issues

Drainage Problems

Air Quality

Public Register of Contaminated Land

Historic Land uses

Landfill sites


 Information held by other Organisations

Organisation (Links)

Information type

Environment Agency 

Industrial Processes

Flood Risk & Warnings

Rivers & Watercourses

Groundwater & Aquifers

Pollution Incidents

Current and Historical Landfill sites

 Air Pollution

Worcestershire County Council

Petroleum storage (Overground/Underground)

Planning Department (Local Authority)

Bromsgrove District Council

Wyre Forest District Council

Redditch Borough Council

Worcester City  Council

Wychavon District Council

Malvern Hills District Council

Compliance and discharge of planning conditions

Building Control (Local Authority)

(As above)


Subsidence & Radon Gas

UK Radon (PHE England)

Radon information for Householders

Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA)

Animal Burial Sites

Land Charges (Local Authority)

Outstanding legal notices

Outstanding Financial claims

Restrictions, decisions and information that affects property of land

Tree preservation orders

Listed buildings

Conservation areas

Legal agreements etc.


For a list of frequently asked questions please click here


How to contact us

General Customer Enquiries -
Please contact us on:
Email: enquiries@worcsregservices.gov.uk
Telephone: 01905 822799


Social Media

Follow us on Twitter: @RegServs

Address for correspondence only

Worcestershire Regulatory Services
Wyre Forest House
Finepoint Way
DY11 7WF