Construction & Demolition Bonfires

In the interest of avoiding unnecessary pollution and nuisance WRS recommend that construction sites should avoid having any bonfires. This is not a mandatory recommendation.

Clean untreated timber and green waste is the only waste that can be legally burned on construction sites. To burn this waste a business needs to register a D7 exemption with the Environment Agency. This commercial waste must be burned on the site where it was produced and cannot be taken to another place for burning. Burning waste without an exemption is illegal and may lead to enforcement action.

For more information about registering a D7 exemption to burn waste please contact the Environment Agency  or to discuss this contact the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm).

However it should be borne in mind that due to the waste make up on site there is always a risk that foreign objects may be burnt that will give rise to inadvertent environmental offences.

If you are a contractor and want further advice on environmental impact of construction please follow the link here to WRS best practice guide.

How to Contact us

General Customer Enquiries -
Please contact us on:
Telephone: 01905 822799

Social Media

Follow us on Twitter: @RegServs

Address for Correspondence only

Worcestershire Regulatory Services
Wyre Forest House
Finepoint Way
DY11 7WF