Environmental Information

Environmental information

The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) provide members of the public with the right to access environmental information held by local authorities and other bodies. This information is used in many ways such as the purchase of houses (conveyance of), Property Development (Identifying land contamination and previous uses) and personal interest. Anyone can access this information through WRS, please follow the links below in order to make a request. 

What information do I need ?

Please choose from one of the following options : -

Cost of retrieving  environmental information

From the 1st of April 2021 there will be an hourly charge of £45 for this service. The  information available for most EIR requests takes WRS 1-2 hours to gather however there are occasions due to the complexity of sites and the level of information requested where this could take much longer.  Please note that WRS has capped the rate at a maximum of 7 hours.

A  Duty Officer will contact you with an estimate of the time that it will take to complete the enquiry and on completion you will be informed of the total cost. The information will be released to you once we have received cleared payment.

How long will it take to receive my information?

WRS are required to respond to all requests within the statutory 20 working days however most requests are usually processed quicker dependant on demand. Please note that some information is held online and it is recommended that you see what's freely available before making your EIR request.

Private Water Supplies Drainage problems Landfill sites
Nuisance Issues Historic land use Permitted Industrial Activities
Public register of contaminated land Air Quality

Organisation(Web link) Information type
Environment Agency 

Industrial Processes

Flood Risk & Warnings

Rivers & Watercourses

Groundwater & Aquifers

Pollution Incidents

Current and Historical Landfill sites

 Air Pollution

Worcestershire County Council

Petroleum storage (Overground/Underground)

Planning Department (Local Authority)

Bromsgrove District Council

Wyre Forest District Council

Redditch Borough Council

Worcester City  Council

Wychavon District Council

Malvern Hills District Council

Compliance and discharge of planning conditions

Building Control (Local Authority as above)

Subsidence & Radon Gas
UK Radon (PHE England) Radon information for Householders
Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) Animal Burial Sites
Land Charges (Local Authority see above for links)

Outstanding legal notices

Outstanding Financial claims

Restrictions, decisions and information that affects property of land

Tree preservation orders

Listed buildings

Conservation areas

Legal agreements etc.

Frequently Asked Questions Answers
Has my site, or any adjacent site, been determined as Contaminated Land under Part 2A Environmental Protection Act 1990 ? To find an immediate answer questions 1 and 2 please refer to the Public Register of Contaminated Land for details of all sites formally determined as contaminated land in Worcestershire, including notices served. Please continue with enquiry form if you require confirmation in writing or further information.
Has any site adjacent to my site been determined as Contaminated Land under Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 ?
Are there any historic landfills within a 250m radius of my site? WRS will provide known details of any landfills recorded within 250m only.
Does my site appear on the Council’s list of potentially contaminated sites which may require further investigation under Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990? WRS will provide details of the past industrial or other potentially contaminative land uses that have occurred on site if the site appears on the Council’s list of potentially contaminated sites.
Do you have any records of pollution incidents recorded at, or within 500m, of my site? WRS will provide details of the nature and source of any pollution incidents.
Has there been any intrusive investigations or remediation carried out at my site, or any adjacent site? WRS will provide dates and titles of any reports held and confirm whether the reports are publicly available
Environmental Permits/LAAPC/LAPPC Authorisations
Are there any Environmental Permits/LAAPC/LAPPC authorisations for my site, or any adjacent site? WRS will provide details of any activities permitted by the Local Authority through its public register.
Private Water Supplies
Are there private water supplies listed on your Local Authority Register at, or within 500m, of my site? WRS will provide location/grid reference and details of source and abstraction purpose where known.
Nuisance (Noise, Dust and Odour)
Are there any records of notices, enforcements or prosecutions relating to my site/property, or any adjacent site ? WRS will provide details of any notices, enforcements and prosecutions relating to the site.
Air Quality
Is my site/property within an Air Quality Management Area? WRS provide details of all AQMA on its interactive air quality map